How to Thicken Stews and Gravies with Tapioca Flour
- Mix 2-3 teaspoons of tapioca flour with 2-3 tablespoons of cold milk or water to make a paste.
- Remove the hot item from the heat source.
- Stir about a cup of warm liquid into the tapioca flour paste.
- Immediately pour everything into the hot item stirring well.
- Return the hot item to the heat, allow to boil and stir as it thickens.
How to Make Sauces using Tapioca Flour such as Vegan Gravy
- Mix 3-4 teaspoons of the flour with 3-4 tablespoons of cold liquid taken from a total quantity of 500/600ml.
- Bring the liquid to the boil.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the tapioca paste.
- Return to the heat and stir.
- Boil and stir as it thickens.
How to Use Tapioca Flour in Baking
- Can be used to soften strong flour for cake baking.